I’ve been keeping a mental list of things I want to do before I leave Minneapolis in August. Why not write it down? It’s not a long list. I think I’ve done most things I really want to do. And yes, a lot of these are food-related.
- Minnesota Zoo. I wasn’t that interested in seeing the zoo until I started practicing Spanish with a dude from Bogotá. We started sending each other articles to practice reading in Spanish/English and to have something to talk about. (Incidentally, I really want to visit Bogotá now.) We talked about zoos one day, and I was like, oh, this place has changed a lot since I went that one time when I was 12. My friend said that I could go with her family, which will be fun–her kids are delightful and a great age for visiting the zoo.
- Jucy Lucy from Matt’s Bar. They put cheese inside the hamburger. I really don’t know how I missed this.
- Raptor Center. This is another one that came from Spanish practice. I think it would be cool to see a big ol’ bird in person. There aren’t many places like this in the world.
- Bell Natural History Museum. I’ve never been there, and it seems interesting. And as it happens, they’re doing a special event this Thursday (including a screening of a movie about bees that looks interesting), and I’m pretty sure I don’t have to work. Hm…
- Brunch at Victor’s 1959 Cafe. I have at least one friend who can join me for mango pancakes on a weekday. The place is tiny, so I’m extremely reluctant to go there on a weekend. But mango pancakes….
- Blucy Lucy from Blue Door Pub. Yes, another burger with cheese in the middle. But this time it’s blue cheese. That one is second-tier. I can make a burger at home, after all. Still sounds pretty great.
Only six things! I must be living right. Of course, I’ve been here for nearly 18 years, so I’ve had some time to get out there and do stuff. If you have any other suggestions, leave them in the comments. But not too many–I only have 3 months left.